Enroll NOW! Spring Program starts March 6Register for Level 2
This is the age that many young athletes see their peers suddenly explode on the field while they haven’t made any significant gains. Their bodies are growing and changing, and for many young athletes, it doesn’t seem to keep pace with their peers. The key is mastering some basic skills that will help them be faster on the field, stop and change direction quicker than their opponents, and be confident in their ability to reach the next level.
At this age it’s important for athletes to start developing discipline and learning to work hard to achieve their goals. Coaches reinforce proper warm up, running form, and acceleration, deceleration to become stronger, faster, confident and more mentally focused young athletes!
60-minute training session includes:
- Introduction to basic weight training utilizing age appropriate exercises and weights
- Soft tissue, mobility and flexibility training for more efficient movement, recovery and injury prevention
- Instruction on proper jumping and landing, stopping and changing direction, and running form
- Linear/lateral/multi directional training for first-step quickness, acceleration and change of direction (Speed and Agility training, only better!)
- Introductory strength training to maximize athletic potential, gain core and total body strength
- Power development to improve explosiveness
- Coaching on the Athlete Mindset and the importance of proper nutrition