Ok, it’s the holiday season and we know you’re gonna have pie, right? So, before you go out buy a store bought crust (that has lots of bad stuff like partially hydrogenated lard), or before you make grandma’s recipe with bleached flour and butter, give this four ingredient, gluten-free recipe from elanaspantry.com.
- 2 cups blanched almond flour (not almond meal)
- ¼ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, room temperature
- 1 large egg
- Place flour and salt in food processor and pulse briefly
- Add coconut oil and egg and pulse until mixture forms a ball
- Press dough into a 9 1/2-inch glass pie dish
- Bake at 350° for 8-12 minutes (if you plan to add non-bake filling, otherwise, don’t prebake the crust)
Let us know if you try it – we’d love to hear your ideas on how you made your pie healthier!