Our friends over at Power Supply are always coming up with some great recipes to share with us, and this one is no exception! After all, it’s fall which means watching games with friends, and then before you know it, party season. You just know you’re going to be facing lots of food tempations, so why not bring along this healthy alternative to traditional Chips N ‘Dip?
Root Vegetable Chips with Chili Avocado and Red Pepper Dip
Yields: 3 cups of chips
- 2 yellow, candy cane or golden beets, sliced 1/16-inch thick*
- 2 parsnips, sliced 1/16-inch thick*
- 1 medium sweet potato, sliced 1/16-inch thick*
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil (or duck fat)
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground sea salt
*A mandolin slicer is really perfect for getting even cuts on the vegetables.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Separately toss the beets, parsnips and sweet potato with the oil. Spread the beets and sweet potato on separate large, rimmed baking sheets. Spread the parsnips on a smaller baking sheet.
- All into the oven. Bake for 8 minutes, and then pull off any beet, sweet potato or parsnip chips that are done. Immediately salt chips while still warm.
- Set timer for 5 minutes, and check again. Continue to pull off crispy and golden chips until they’re all done, and ready to go into your belleh!
Chili Avocado and Red Pepper Dip Ingredients
- 1 large, ripe avocado
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 scallion, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons diced green chilies
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- ¼ teaspoon ground sea salt
- Place all of the ingredients in a mini-food processor. Process until smooth.
- Serve with chips.
Live or work in the Haymarket area?
You can order healthy, chef-prepared meals and have them delivered to Next Level in Haymarket!
First meal is free! Click here for more information on Power Supply