Nothing could be simpler than this tasty and good-for-you recipe from rachelcooks.com. Even better, you probably already have most of these healthy ingredients on hand!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 20 ounces ground turkey breast
- one small yellow onion, sliced into thin half moons
- 16 ounces of mushrooms, cut into slices
- 4 tightly packed cups baby kale leaves
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes (I used 10 Campari tomatoes cut into quarters)
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs, minced (I recommend a mixture of basil, oregano and parsley)
- parmesan to garnish
- In a large high-sided skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add turkey and onions and season with salt and pepper. Break up the turkey and cook until turkey is cooked through and brown.
- Remove turkey and onions to a bowl and add mushrooms to pan. (You can do this in batches as well if need be to get them nice and brown.)
- Sauté mushrooms until golden brown and cooked. Add tomatoes and kale and cook until kale is wilted.
- Increase heat to medium high and turkey and onion mixture back in. Add wine.
- Bring to a boil and cook until wine is reduced by about half.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in quinoa and herbs. Continue to cook until warmed through, serve with freshly grated parmesan cheese.