We’re always looking for ways for our clients to satisfy their cravings for something sweet now and again — without nudging their nutrition off the rails! This recipe from PopSugar uses high protein, fiber-rich chickpeas (Garbanzo) and elevates them to a sweet treat with just a few ingredients and 45 minutes in the oven. Let us know if you’d recommend this recipe to friends!
15-ounce can organic garbanzo beans
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas in a colander. Place them on a towel to dry off.
- Spread chickpeas on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until crispy. Test one, and if it’s still soft, bake for longe
- While the chickpeas are still hot, toss them in a bowl with the oil, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Enjoy as is, or for a caramelized effect, place them back in the oven for another 10 minutes or so.
- Store leftover chickpeas in an airtight container.
Makes four servings.