It’s not really chili season right now, but the rainy weather has us craving some healthy comfort food! We found this great recipe for slow cooker chicken chili at myfitnesspal.com.
Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Chili
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 1 medium (about 1/2 pound or 225 grams) sweet potato , chopped into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/4 pounds (565 grams) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 large red onion, diced
- 1 cup (150 grams) fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (optional garnish)
- Chopped cilantro (optional garnish)
Place all ingredients (except the lime juice and cilantro) into a slow cooker. Set slow cooker on low for 8 hours.
Before serving, scoop out the chicken breasts. Using a fork, shred the meat. Add the meat back to the chili, and stir.
Serve in bowls, and top with lime juice and cilantro if you like. Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container.
Serves: 8 | Serving Size: about 1 1/2 cups
Per serving: Calories: 248; Total Fat: 2g; Saturated Fat: 0g; Monounsaturated Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 52mg; Sodium: 390mg; Carbohydrate: 34g; Dietary Fiber: 7g; Sugar: 6g; Protein: 24g
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 849mg; Iron: 14%; Vitamin A: 99%; Vitamin C: 7%; Calcium: 6%