Just because the weather hasn’t cooled off doesn’t mean you shouldn’t break out the slow cooker for this Jerk Chicken recipe from My Fitness Pal! Cook for 4 hours and a quick broil to crisp it up and then, YUM!
Slow Cooker Jerk Chicken
- 1 cup of chopped Green Onions (approx. 2-3 stalks)
- 3/4 teaspoon dried Thyme
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper (or more if you like it really spicy)
- 1 teaspoon ground Allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground dried Mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 2 pounds of Chicken Legs (approx. 10 drumsticks), with skin on or off as preference
- 1 teaspoon Coconut or Olive oil for greasing slow cooker
To make jerk seasoning, add all ingredients (except chicken legs and oil) to food processor and pulse until combined.
Grease the slow cooker with oil and place chicken inside. Top with jerk mixture. Cook on low for 4 hours, turning chicken over and basting with juices after 2 hours if possible.
Before serving, set oven to broil. Transfer chicken to baking sheet or roasting pan and pour remaining juices on top. Broil chicken until it is crispy on the outside, about 5 minutes.
Serves: 5 | Serving Size: 2 drumsticks
Per serving: Calories: 253 ; Total Fat: 12 g; Saturated Fat: 6 g; Monounsaturated Fat: 5 g; Cholesterol: 184mg; Sodium: 376 mg; Carbohydrate: 6 g; Dietary Fiber: 1 g; Sugar: 4 g; Protein 34 g
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 71 mg; Vitamin A: 1%; Vitamin C: 2%; Calcium: 0%; Iron: 1%