No need for the actual tacos. Just whip this delicious recipe up in your crock pot, put over salad greens and add the zesty avocado cilantro buttermilk dressing! This simple recipe is from Skinnytaste.com.
- 2 (16 oz total) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup chunks salsa
For the Salad:
- 6 cups chopped romaine or red leaf
- 1/4 cup reduced Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 cup zesty avocado cilantro buttermilk dressing
Place the chicken in the slow cooker and season with taco seasoning and cumin. Pour the beans over the chicken and top with salsa.
Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours, or until the chicken is tender and easily shreds with 2 forks. Shred the chicken and combine with the beans and sauce, keep warm until ready to eat. Makes 3 1/2 cups.
To make the salad, place 1 1/2 cups lettuce on each plate, top with 3/4 cup chicken and bean mixture, 1 tbsp cheese and 2 tablespoons zesty avocado buttermilk dressing .
Servings: 4 • Size: 1 salad• Points +: 7 pts • Smart Points: 9
Calories: 290 • Fat: 9 g • Carb: 20 g • Fiber: 8 g • Protein: 34 g • Sugar: 1 g Sodium: 521 mg • Cholesterol: 69 g