This is the perfect time to break out the slow cooker – you’re busy preparing for the holidays, and hunkering down to stay warm as the weather cools!
We found this delicious recipe for Slow Cooker Fajita Soup at eatingbirdfood.com.
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, sliced
- 1 cup fresh salsa
- 2 cloves garlic
- Juice of 1 lime
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 1.5 pounds of boneless chicken thighs or breasts
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
Optional items for serving: avocado, jalapeño slices, cilantro, tortilla chips and/or a slice of lime
1. Put all ingredients into a slow cooker and cook for 3-4 hours on high or 6 hours on low. The chicken should be cooked through and will just fall apart. Once this happens turn the slow cooker to warm and enjoy whenever you’re ready. To serve, top each bowl with avocado, jalapeño slices, cilantro and serve with tortilla chips and a slice of lime.
Serving size: 1 bowl Calories: 322 Fat: 14g Carbohydrates: 20g Sugar: 10g
Fiber: 5gProtein: 33g