Stuffing has always been a holiday favorite, but it’s high in calories, fat and carbs, and who can eat just a small portion? We found this recipe for Pistachio Quinoa Stuffing at targetrecipes.cooking.com
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- One large (about 12 ounces) sweet potato, diced into small pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 5-6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup toasted pistachios, chopped
Prepare the quinoa according to package directions. When done, transfer to a large mixing bowl.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the potatoes and season with rosemary, thyme and sage, and pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until lightly browned and soft inside, about 5-7 minutes. During the last minute, stir in the garlic. When the potatoes are done, add the spinach and turn off the heat.
Stir the sweet potato mixture into the quinoa. Add the cranberries and pistachios and stir again. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Tip: Soaking the cranberries in warm water ahead of time will make them juicier and plump. Be sure to squeeze the excess water out before adding to the stuffing.