Check out this Fall-tastic recipe from myfitnesspal! Brussel Sprouts aren’t everyone’s favorite, but sauteed using this recipe may just make them a new favorite veggie in the house! Brussel Sprouts are not only loaded with protein, they’re packed with vitamins and nutrients like folate, manganese, vitamin B6, dietary fiber, choline, copper, vitamin B1, potassium, phosphorus, and omega-3 fatty acids!
Chicken & Brussels Sprouts with Mustard Sauce
· 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
· 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
· 3/8 teaspoon salt, divided
· 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
· 3/4 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth, divided (gluten-free if necessary)
· 1/4 cup unfiltered apple cider
· 2 tablespoons whole-grain Dijon mustard (gluten-free)
· 2 tablespoons butter, divided
· 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
· 12 ounces Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
Preheat oven to 450°F.
Heat a large ovenproof skillet over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper; add to pan. Cook 3 minutes or until browned. Turn chicken; place pan in oven. Bake at 450° for 9 minutes or until done. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm. Heat pan over medium-high heat. Add 1/2 cup broth and cider; bring to a boil, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 4 minutes or until thickened. Whisk in mustard, 1 tablespoon butter, and parsley.
Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add Brussels sprouts; sauté 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Add remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/4 cup broth to pan; cover and cook 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Serve sprouts with chicken and sauce.
Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 1 chicken breast half + 2/3 cup Brussels sprouts + 2 tablespoons sauce
Per serving: Calories: 350; Total Fat: 15g; Saturated Fat: 5g; Monounsaturated Fat: 7g; Cholesterol: 114mg; Sodium: 604mg; Carbohydrate: 11g; Dietary Fiber: 3g; Sugar: 2g; Protein: 42g