We found this super-simple blackened chicken recipe on cullyskitchen.com, just be sure that the salsa you use doesn’t have added sugar!
- 4-5 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can black beans (15 ounces – drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup chunky salsa (Mild or hot depending on taste)
- 1 cup frozen corn
1. In a small bowl whisk together the chili powder, salt, and pepper.
2. Pat chicken breasts dry with paper towel and rub the chili spice mixture into both sides of the chicken breasts.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium heat with the olive oil and cook the chicken breasts until blackened on one side. Flip the breasts and continue cook to an internal temperature of 165F. (about 5 to 10 minutes on each side depending on thickness)
4. Remove the chicken breasts to a serving platter and tent with aluminum foil to keep warm.
5. In the same skillet mix together the salsa, beans and corn. Cook until heated through.
6. Serve the black beans and corn together.