Cooking a healthy fish entree can be daunting for some, but this simple recipe takes the guesswork out of it! We found this great recipe at health.com and it uses supporting ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry!
- 4 (12- x 18-inch) sheets parchment paper
- Cooking spray
- 4 (6-ounce) halibut fillets
- 1/4 cup commercial pesto
- 1 cup shredded carrots (2 medium)
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (1 small)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons dry white wine
1. Preheat oven to 450°. Follow directions for heart-shaped parchment package below.
2. Unfold parchment heart, and coat lightly with cooking spray, leaving a 2-inch border ungreased at edge.
3. Place fillet on one side so that it touches the fold, but not the ungreased border. Spread 1 tablespoon pesto over fillet; top with 1/4 cup carrot and 1/4 cup zucchini. Sprinkle with one-fourth of salt and pepper. Drizzle fillet with 1 teaspoon oil and 1 teaspoon wine.
4. Fold paper; seal edges with narrow folds. Repeat with the remaining parchment paper, fish, and vegetables.
5. Place packets on baking sheets. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes or until puffy and lightly browned. To serve, open packets and transfer the fillets with their vegetable topping to plates; pour juices over top. Or serve right in packets; carefully transfer to plates and pierce each to allow steam to escape.