Fourth of July is just around the corner, and you’re going to be tempted by mayonnaise-laden side dishes that you know you shouldn’t eat. So, whether you’re staying in your own backyard, or heading to a party, this Avocado and Black Bean Salad from complete-health-andhappiness.com is not only healthy, it’s delicious and refreshing!
– a can of rinsed and drained black beans
– 4 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
– 2 diced avocados
– diced red onions, at least ¼ of a cup
– sliced grape tomato, 1 cup
– chopped cilantro, also ¼ of a cup (like the red onions)
– 1 clove of garlic (if you are not fond of garlic, just ignore it)
– lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper
– 1/2 cup corn
Take two bowls, in one drain and rinse the black beans and mix them with vinegar. In the other bowl, mix the avocado, red onion, the cilantro, corn and the tomato. In a small dish, make a mixture of lime juice and olive oil.
Combine both bowls (the black beans one and the avocado one) together and pour the lime mixture. Mix until they combine evenly and then serve immediately.