Just reading this recipe from thecookierookie.com is going to make your mouth water!
Author: the cookie rookie
- 2 lbs salmon, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 tbs olive oil (I used light extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp ancho chili powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
for the Avocado salsa:
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ½ small red onion, sliced
- Juice from 2 limes
- 1-2 tbs finely chopped cilantro (depending on how big of a cilantro lover you are)
- Salt to taste
- Mix the salt, chili powder, cumin, paprika, onion and black pepper together, rub the salmon fillets with olive oil and the seasoning mix
- refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the grill.
- Combine the avocado, onion, cilantro, lime juice, and salt in a bowl and mix well, chill until ready to use.
- Grill the salmon to desired doneness. (I grilled for about 5 minutes)
- Top with avocado salsa and enjoy!