Sometimes nothing satisfies your appetite unless it’s got a good crunch! Don’t sabotage your healthy eating by digging into a bag of chips. Try this great recipe from PopSugar instead!
Sweet Potato Crisps with Spicy Guacamole
For the crisps:
2 sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
3 tablespoons olive oil
Cumin, paprika, and sea salt to taste
For the guacamole:
2 ripe avocados
2 strips bacon, diced and fried
1 serrano chili, seeds removed and minced
1/2 roma tomato, seeds removed and chopped
2 tablespoons lime juice
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Using two baking sheets, toss the sweet potato slices with the oil, cumin, paprika, and sea salt.
- Spread the slices evenly over the trays, and bake for 10 minutes. Flip them over, and cook for an additional 10 to 12 minutes, or until they are golden brown.
- While the crisps are baking, cut the avocado in half and remove the pit. Scoop the meat out from the peels and roughly mash with a fork. Add the bacon, chili, tomato, and lime juice, and gently mix in.
- Serve the guacamole in a bowl surrounded by the sweet potato crisps, and enjoy!