Try this super delicious, make ahead breakfast from popsugar.com. Bonus: you don’t need to pre-cook Quinoa!
1 cup uncooked quinoa
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
2 apples, peeled, diced
1/4 cup raisins
2 cups vanilla soy milk (can substitute regular milk)
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup almonds, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 7-by-11-inch baking dish (an 8-by-8 works too).
- In a small bowl, mix the uncooked quinoa with the spices. Pour into greased dish.
- Sprinkle the apple and raisins on top of the quinoa.
- In that same small bowl, beat the eggs. Whisk in the soy milk and maple syrup.
- Pour the egg-and-milk mixture over the top of the fruit and quinoa. Lightly stir to partially submerge the fruit. Sprinkle the chopped almonds on top.
- Bake for 1 hour or until the casserole is mostly set with only a small amount of liquid left.
- Allow to cool, and then cover and refrigerate. In the morning, cut a square, microwave it on a plate, and enjoy alone or with a few dollops of Greek yogurt.