Fall has arrived and many of us are already planning our Thanksgiving meals and looking for something different to bring to the table. We found this great recipe for Roasted Garlicky Butternut Squash on panningtheglobe.com and think it will not only be a healthy and tasty addition your holiday meal, but will become an all around favorite whether it’s for a special occasion or a weeknight meal!
Prep time: 15 mins Cook time: 30 mins
- 1 large butternut squash (about 3 pounds), peeled, seeded, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Garlic and Parsley Topping
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic (3 medium cloves)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Roast the Squash: Preheat oven to 400ºF. In a large bowl toss squash with 2 tablespoons olive oil, ½ teaspoon salt and several grinds of black pepper.
- Spread squash out evenly on a baking sheet. Roast for 20 minutes. Toss and roast for another 10 minutes or so, until squash is lightly browned in spots and cooked through.
- Make the Garlicky Olive Oil Topping: While the squash is roasting, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a small nonstick skillet, over medium-low heat. Sauté the garlic for a minute or two, until it’s soft and fragrant. Be careful not to let it brown. Put the cooked squash in a large bowl. Pour the sautéed garlic and oil over the squash. Sprinkle with parsley. Toss gently to combine. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.