We found this delicious breakfast option at avocadopesto.com. It’s protein rich, gluten-free, and the perfect way to start your day!
(recipe serves 4)
- 1 pound raw, gluten-free chicken sausage
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 3 cups diced sweet potatoes (2 medium sweet potatoes)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, diced
- 4 eggs
- fresh basil, slivered, to garnish
- In large pan heat coconut oil and cook chicken sausage over medium heat, crumbling them up as they cook. Cook until browned.
- While chicken sausage is cooking in a large bowl toss the sweet potatoes with the olive oil, salt and fresh rosemary.
- When sausage is cooked, remove from pan and cook the sweet potatoes in a pan over medium heat, covered to help them cook faster. Remove pan cover to help them brown a bit.
- When sweet potatoes are cooked add the chicken sausage back to the pan and mix together. Form 4 nests in the mixture and crack the eggs into the nest.
- Cook over medium-low heat until eggs are set and cooked through.
- Serve slivered with fresh basil, with salt/pepper, to taste.