4 boneless chicken breast halves (6 oz each)
¼ tsp cracked black pepper
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 each: medium green, red, and yellow bell pepper, julienned
2 garlic cloves
¾ cup diced tomatoes (or 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained)
¼ cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
2 Tbsp fresh basil, minced (or 2 tsp dried)
1 tsp fresh oregano, minced (or ¼ tsp dried)
1. Sprinkle chicken with pepper.
2. In a large non-stick skillet, brown chicken in oil. Remove and keep warm.
3. In the same skillet, sauté peppers until tender. Add garlic & cook 1 minute longer.
4. Add tomatoes, broth, basil, oregano, & chicken. Bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until meat thermometer reaches 170º